Friday, April 25, 2014

What the What.

If you know me in real life (not saying the internet isn't real life) you have probably heard me say, "What the what?!" Typically it is said when you are shocked or at a loss of words, anyway, I've totally lost my train of thought of the purpose of this whole rampage of verbiage.... but it was a nice little rant, ya?

Now I'm laughing. No one is here, and I'm laughing. 

Let me get back on track and really let you know what's been going on in The World of Rachael! Hawaii is such an amazing place to live and I love it so much that I took a vacation to California! Question mark? Yes. My lovely parents flew me home for a few weeks for my birthday and Easter. Aren't they special? For the past few months I have been living in Wahiawa right on Kam Highway so if you have any knowledge of Oahu you know that is not exactly paradise. Now I'm not complaining in the least bit because I love where I live but if you were expecting the glittering thirty-second-commercial-advertisement type of Hawaii, you would probably be a little disappointed. From the outside, it's merely a city you have to drive through to get some famous shave ice in Haleiwa or watch some of the best surf at Pipe but to the people who were born and raised in Wahiawa it's a super tight community of eclectic people from all over the world. The kids are just something special; full of life and adventure and sass and talent and joy and jokes. It's been such a blessing getting to live and serve here. I'm super excited to see what crazy adventures He has in store for me. If I were to guess what I would be doing today three years ago, I would have never guessed I would be living in Hawaii working for a non-profit where I get to befriend and feed 700 families every week and spend my Saturdays surfing and hanging out with the kids living in a homeless shelter or even living off of food donated by local grocery stores. I feel so incredibly, incredibly blessed to live my life with such purpose. Hopefully you feel inspired that you can do something little and change the world for one person. It can be the littlest things that mean the world to someone.

Thank you for reading my little thought about life. Remember to smile and choose joy.

Rachael.


No comments:

Post a Comment