Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Listening.

Just got home from opening a new bank account. This was a weird but big step in my life. Why you ask? Well, it just made permanent the fact that I will be here in Hawaii for a good length of time. Yes, yes it has been almost eight months but it has only been really hitting me that this is home for the past few weeks. God has called me to Oahu and opened up doors and closed doors and given friends and taken friends and it has been the best decision I have made in a very long time... 

Everyday is beautiful in the sense that I get to be a blessing by listening and walking in the ideas that He has given me. Sometimes it's just a feeling to do or say something and other times it's a full day of outreach. Both are beautiful and both are a gift and the only thing I need to do is listen and then step out and do it. 

It's been such an amazing time here at Surfing the Nations; from feeding 800 people every Thursday to making friends with the neighbors in Wahiawa. These past two months have flown by and I am so thankful to have gotten to live life with some amazing people doing amazing things. 

Cheers to life.
Rachael.

If you would like to help me continue on this journey,  I have created an account where you can do so here: Rachael Serving Oahu

"Mahalo ke akua."

No comments:

Post a Comment