Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Today was beautiful.

Today was beautiful.

Today all Surfing the Nations staff, Internship students, Service Team, STN neighbors, and friends gathered together to sing and love and laugh together. We learned about how the purpose of life should really be about love and how anything without it is meaningless.

If you are wanting an inspiring movie to watch about living purposefully and radically then you should watch Complelled by Love (a movie about Heidi Baker and her life dedicated to serving Jesus in Mozambique). It was so beautiful and inspiring and jogged a memory for me long forgotten... A few years ago before my life had any real purpose or joy, I remember seeing a clip of a movie with Heidi Baker speaking and thinking, "Her eyes shine so much. I hope my eyes shine with joy like that one day." Today was beautiful because somebody come up to me today and said, "You have eyes that shine like that, Rachael." Wow. Years ago I hoped for that and because of His redemption and amazing grace, He gave me that gift of joyfulness. What a treasure.

Hopefully I get to share that joy with all sorts of people all over the world someday...

Joyfully His,
RACHAEL

No comments:

Post a Comment