Friday, February 10, 2012

Time flies and so do I...

I seriously cannot believe that my team has arrived to Mindanoa in Cagayan de Oro to travel to the Nehemiah Houses! At first when I found out I was going to the Philippines, I started praying quite frequently for a heart for the Philippines and God totally gave me one for the girls in the Nehemiah Houses. The only problem with that was the fact that that part of our outreach was the very last part...but now it's here and it all seems so fast and I loved much much more than I had originally thought and I have allowed myself to be stretched in so many ways and man, I just can't believe that it is half done already. I had better squeeze every drop of what I can out of every experience left. Live life like an adventure, ya know?
As I write this tucked away in my mosquito net, officially tonight is our second night here but our third night since we left Baguio. Now let me tell you about our travels... We began on Sunday night at 8:30 pm to ride a taxi to catch the bus at 9:00 pm that drove us 6.5 hours to Manila so we could rent two red taxi-vans to take us to the airport where we then slept camped-out in the airport (sleeping bags and all) until 9 am, then woke up and bought ourselves some breakfast (hello iced coffee and cheese croissant) then were finally able to check in to catch our flight scheduled for 12:30 (but didn't actually take off until 1:30) then we landed in Cagayan de Oro ("The City of Golden Friendship") where we were then picked up by our contact Mike, then headed out for our hour drive to McD's for our welcome party, ate that fast so we could head home before we needed to use the headlights (as they kill the battery), well the battery didn't die but the tires popped but a quick change on the side of the coast (nearly peed myself at the sight of the ocean) and we were on our way again, 3ish hours later of sitting out a car "window" singing and looking at the stars with Sarah and Becca and we were pulling into our street, where we got stuck in mud and quickly pushed it out (the plus side of having 12 people in one car) and pulled in front of their beautiful house at 8:30 pm. How many hours was that again? Oh yes, 24 hours exactly, perfect. I love traveling so much.
Who knows when this will get on the Internet,
Rachael Andersen
January 17, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment