Friday, February 10, 2012

Naps in the Rain

That's exactly what is going on right now; the five of us girls are napping in our room right now while it's softly drizzling outside. Perfect. For ministry today, we are going to a nursing home to share the Gospel, do some dancing, and maybe some singing and definitely some loving. Yesterday we got the opportunity to be a little ray of sunshine to the devastation victims of the Cagayan de Oro flooding. Rice + clothes + Bibles + toys + one green jeepney + grateful hearted people = God's light (Also thank you strong, able-bodied men who helped push-start the jeepney afterwards; we literally couldn't have done it without you.)  As I'm laying here listening to music (Skrillex if you were wondering) I am realizing how crazy fast my time in YWAM went by. Just this September I was flying over the Big Ol' Blue into an experience that would change my life forever. Now I am in another country living an awesome life for His glory. God AND traveling? Um, score? These people I got to live with have basically become my family. "I would kill for them!" (read in an angry, Russian-type, man accent) Anyways... so I can't believe that there is only a mere two weeks of outreach left and then only a week of reunition (Yes, I did just make that up.) in Hawaii! There will be lots of hugging on my part... even if they try and resist, they will be hugged. 
Watch out.
-Rachael the Hugger

Ps. I hope I get a giant mob of people when I get to the airport. I don't even really care if I know them or not, I just like when giant mobs scream in excitement at airports. I would like to one day experience that for myself.
February 8, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment