Friday, February 10, 2012

A Girl Named April

You know those little moments that make you really appreciate and recognize why you are doing what you are doing? Ya, I had one of those today and it was literally the best feeling. At our first official 'open air' ministry, we danced, we did a skit, Mahea gave her testimony, and Becca gave the Gospel Message but the best part of the night was totally the prayer afterwards. Let me tell you, when you step out of your comfort zone and walk in faith, amazing things happen. I prayed for a man's knee and it was healed and Sarah prayed for a 90 year old man's eyesight and it was restored, there were other miraculous healings but what I really wanted to talk about was a girl named, April. Now there was this group of girls who wanted to take pictures with me so we were taking pictures and I randomly started talking to one girl in particular and she told me she was 16 and in her fourth year of high school, we immediately bonded and we were chatting and as the conversation was winding down, I asked if I could pray for her. She said that she had been a Christian for one year now and she would love some prayer. As I'm praying for more love to come into her heart and a fire of passion to be ignited in her, she starts weeping! Now I didn't think this was going to happen but I kept praying and she kept crying, man, the Holy Spirit was moving in her heart and I got to be apart of it! The hug I got after might have been the best hug I've gotten in quite a while... As we stood there in the street holding hands, I felt like we had become close friends in just a few minutes. It then became time to say our goodbyes as we hugged again and parted ways. I don't exactly know why this effected me so much like it did but, I know this was an event that probably just shaped who I am and who I am going to be. Crazy how God works and moves in unexpected ways at unexpected times in unexpected places with unexpected people.  I will never forget you, April.
Love, Rachael
January 18, 2012
April & I (the only photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment