Monday, October 3, 2011

Walking & Talking

Aloha! (Hawaiian for "Why, hello there!")
My week has been pretty dang crazy and therefore, there has been no blog-age. Sorry. Since you are probably oh-so-curious as to what I have been preoccupied with, I will tell you (in immense detail).
1:00-6:30am consists of sleeping in my bed (the only non-bunkbed!)
6:30-7:00am includes the daily preparation of readying myself to look somewhat presentable to my general public (this includes teeth brushing)
7:00-7:30am is jam packed with breakfast eating; either from our house fridge (oatmeal or cereal) or prepared by the kitchen staff (fancier with eggs, or pancakes, or waffles, or bagels etc.)
7:30-8:20am is our "time with God" (sometimes I get too distracted and get yelled at)
8:30-10:00am: WORSHIP in the Tin Cathedral (aka 'The Tin') la la la la love
10:30-12:30 is class taught by various amazing people
12:30-1:30pm results in me eating a yummy lunch in the courtyard with all my fellow Wammers and then washing my dishes
1:30pm me and Allie usually walk around or pretend to be funny for a little while...this ends promptly at 2:00pm leading into Salvation Encounter until 4:00
4:00pm is when we get to run freely through the woods (if we so desire) or other such things
5:00-5:30pm = DINNER TIME (I am very poor and get very excited to eat now)
6:00pm FREEDOM! (unless it's Thursday, then we have Launch at 6:30-8:30 in the Tin)
7:00pm I probably eat some of my Kashi cereal
8:00pm consists of dance parties and singing
9:00pm results in wandering Manoa Valley (particularly the Safeway shopping center*)
After that is sort of a blur... but it typically has something to do with Jodie & Jenna playing cards in the living room or the Tin with scary centipedes

So, ya, basically my life is one. big. party.
BONUS!
weekends include:
-laundry (at the Laundromat for $3.25 + laying in the sun with our laundry because we are poor and can't afford another round on the dryer)
-walking to the beach (it's a nice, brisk hour walk and I love it)
-taking a shower (I only shower on the weekends now)
-church!
-cutting our hair in the bathroom with random cutting utensils

*Safeway Shopping Center includes a McDonald's, Long's Drugs, yogurt place, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, farmer's market, Laundromat, Post Office, a Hawaiian's-only-exclusive-bank, Safeway

LOVE LOVE LOVE!
-Rachael


No comments:

Post a Comment